Where Rochester is Watching the Super Bowl
We asked; you answered. Here's what's going on around town for Super Bowl Sunday.
Are you cheering for the San Francisco 49ers or the Baltimore Ravens?
Regardless of which team you're wanting to win Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, we want to help you plan your day. Whether you're charged with taking a dessert to a Super Bowl watch party or wanting to try out a new bar during the game, here's a short guide to help you out.
Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on CBS. Here's what we know about Super Bowl activities around Rochester and Rochester Hills:
- At Whole Foods in Rochester Hills, you can sample beer to take to the neighborhood Super Bowl party from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. The tastings are free.
- Rockin' Cupcakes promises Ravens and 49ers cupcakes starting Saturday. (Stay tuned for a photo.)
- We talked to CK Diggs owner Chris Khami about what's happening at the Auburn Road bar and grill. CK Diggs is still in the midst of a "Tap Takeover" featuring all Michigan beers. "Also, we will be running game day specials of coney dogs, sliders, pizzas and some other appetizers," he said. They'll also have $1.50 16-ounce PBRs; 6 for $12 buckets of domestic bottled beer and $2.25 Coors Light bottles.
- Rochester Mills Beer Co. is offering $3 pints and stadium-inspired specials, along with 45-cent wings. We're also told you'll have a chance to win beer for a year at the downtown brew pub.
- The Hills Bar and Grille has $3.50 tall Bud Lights all day Sunday.
- Bar Louie has happy hour drink specials and 50 cent wings during the game.
What else is going on around town? Tell us in the comments.