From Caseville to Charlevoix, our Great Lakes State has no shortage of summertime destinations. And as Memorial Day weekend starts, you can bet the seasonal migration will as well.
Some will head into the Thumb, while others will trek to the U.P. or head west to Lake Michigan. But for whatever reason, regardless of where our final destination lies on the map, we'll say we're going "Up North".
So where is your "Up North"? Tell us in the comments, upload a photo, or plot a point on the map above showing where you go for a long summer weekend — or to escape from the road construction around Rochester.
How to add your destination to the map
- Click the "Add" button at the top right corner of the map.
- When the box pops up, type the name of your favorite place, or the town closest to it, in the Location field (example: Clare, MI).
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the pop-up and then close out of the box. Your point has now been added to the map.
And while you're Up North: Don't forget about our "Patch of Michigan" photo contest: we're looking for your favorite shots from across our great state.
See More on Patch
- Day 1 of Deck Art Draws Big Crowds to Downtown Rochester
- Teachers, School Officials Wanted for Patch Local Voices
- Pure Michigan Beer, Rochester Adams Gay Straight Alliance and more in Patch Local Voices
- Doggy Smile is Patch's Photo of the Week
- Are You a March Madness Super Fan? Show Us Your Team Spirit, Rochester!