This list of special holiday hours and building closures has you covered whether you're dining, celebrating or grocery shopping on New Year's weekend.
Restaurants and bars
After dinner you might want to go out and celebrate in downtown Rochester, here are some options:
- O’Connor’s Public House has a special New Year’s Eve menu featuring prime rib and Ahi Tuna direct from Honolulu, and the drink specials and live music start at 10 p.m.
- Penny Black will have $3 tall beers after 9 p.m., no dress code, a free Leffe Belgian Blonde Ale toast at midnight and a live DJ until 3 a.m.
- Rojo Mexican Bistro hosts a “reverse happy hour” starting at 10 p.m. Drink specials will be flowing, and reservations are recommended. To reserve your spot, call 248-601-9300.
- Meijer will remain open the entire weekend if you have any last-minute needs for your celebration. If you plan on hosting a New Year’s Eve party, here are some creative and affordable decoration ideas and 12 drink ideas to impress your guests.
- Kroger will be open 6 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday and 6 a.m.-midnight Sunday.
Government building hours, closures
- Rochester Hills Public Library: The library is closed Dec. 30-Jan. 1. The library reopens at 9 a.m. Jan. 2 with new printing procedures. Due to a budget reduction, library patrons will no longer receive a 50-cent credit for printing and copying. The rates will be 10 cents per black-and-white page and 50 cents a page for color copying and printing.
- Post offices: The post offices in Rochester Hills and downtown Rochester will be open 9 a.m.-noon on New Year's Eve. The post offices are closed on New Year’s Day, which falls on a Sunday. Both lobbies are always open with machines for automated postage services.
- The UPS Store in Oakland Township will be open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
- Older Persons' Commission: Closes early at 4 p.m. Dec. 30 and remains closed Dec. 31-Jan. 2.
- Secretary of State: Closed Dec. 30-Jan. 1.
- Rochester Hills City Hall: Closed Dec. 29-Jan. 1. Normal city business will resume at 8 a.m. Jan. 2.
- Rochester City Hall: Closed Dec. 30-Jan. 2.
- Township office: The Oakland Township office will be closed all weekend and regular hours will resume 8 a.m. Jan. 2.