Weekend Countdown: Two Symphony Events
A concert and a dinner-silent auction fundraiser are planned for this weekend.
We are halfway to the weekend: time to start planning! We have a fun variety of events in town this weekend; here are a few suggestions.
We have two picks for today:
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday at St. Paul's United Methodist Church in Rochester
- Cost: Adults $25; students $5
- Why go: Grammy award-winning horn player Andrew Pelletier will be performing with the symphony; he can be heard on many film soundtracks, has performed with orchestras throughout the country and presently serves as professor of horn at Bowling Green State University. Pelletier will perform Mozart's Horn Concerto in a program entitled "In the German Biergarten." Also on the program is the Academic Festival Overture of Brahms, and Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.
- Where/When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Great Oaks Country Club.
- Cost: $75 per person; call 248-340-9215 for a reservation.
- Why go: Sponsored by the Rochester Symphony Guild, the event will feature a gourmet dinner, silent auction (of themed baskets) and entertainment by Three Men and a Tenor, a comedy-vocal group. All proceeds of the event benefit the Rochester Symphony Orchestera.
Come back to Rochester Patch tomorrow for more weekend-things-to-do options. Or, visit our Events guide here.