Rochester Felt The Earthquake, Too
Here's what you had to say about the tremors.
Tremors from a 5.9-magnitude earthquake that news reports say started in Virginia and rumbled the East Coast were felt in Michigan — including in Rochester.
Shortly after 2 p.m., messages on Facebook and Twitter offered proof.
"Feeling tremors at Oakland University," said @NPB_EST1979 on Twitter.
"I felt it in Rochester Hills," posted Lara Grice on Facebook. "Mirror, fan, blinds were swaying slightly. Very minor."
Did you feel the earth shake?
Here's what other locals had to say:
- @Jennifer Rosquin Kreger: heard my house making noises...I'm the only one home...that explains it! thought the kids were upstairs jumping up and down.
- @Regina Cool: I was sitting in a chair out by the pool and it felt like someone was shaking it back & forth.
- @Tara Springer Nagey: We are in a pretty big building and felt it shaking back and forth 4 times or so. (Tara works in Troy.)
- @AuburnHillsMI: News stations are getting several reports from viewers of tremors.
- @MelissaBrode: According to my co-workers, the #earthquake was felt in some of the buildings around campus. Glad I didn't notice it! @oaklandu @OUCareers
How about you?