Part of East Second Street Closing for One Week Starting Today
It's part of downtown's Main Street Makeover.
Second Street between Main Street and the East Alley was set to close at 6 a.m. Monday as part of the ongoing Main Street Makeover in downtown Rochester.
The closure is set to end at 7 p.m. Sept. 17, according to a traffic advisory posted by the Michigan Department of Transportation, which is managing the project.
During the closure, traffic will be detoured onto Third Street.
The Main Street Makeover and is set to continue through November. One lane of traffic in each direction is open through downtown while sidewalks and crosswalks are installed and streetscape elements are added.
More news about the Main Street Makeover:
- Century-Old Streetcar Tracks Uncovered Below Rochester's Main Street
- Bones Found Under Rochester's Main Street are Human, State Says
- Here's a Sneak Preview of Downtown Streetscape Features in the Works
- Photo of the Day: There's Pavement, Again, on Rochester's Main Street
- Where the Sheep Are: Here's Your Guide to the Ewe Revue 2
- Video of the Day: Patch Reader Takes a Last Drive Down 'Old' Main Street
- Downtown Rochester: The Official Detour
- City to Metal-Detecting Sleuths: Be Patient — Or Be Arrested