Things to Do in 2012: Karaoke, Pottery, Zumba
With a new year to fill, Around Town Laura makes her plans.
While I might not do so great on my personal resolutions, (either that or my scale is stuck) I have to say last year's Patch resolutions went pretty well.
While I never managed to find the dads of Rochester out-and-about in their leather pants (Biker Night at O'Connor's excluded), I did experience the grown-up version of Emagine theater and it was fabulous.
With all these experiences under my belt — including a spray tan — what's left for 2012?
Here are my resolutions:
- Karaoke: This is one of my 2011 resolutions that went unfulfilled. There are plenty of Rochester-Rochester Hills locations offering karaoke — Penny Black and Muldoon's to name a few. I guess it's time I step up to the mic.
- Brewery rumors: Something is going on with Rochester Mills Beer Company and I aim to find out.
- Firebrick class: Firebrick Gallery and Studio offers amazing looking classes and I plan to try at least one.
- The Home Bakery challenge: When I was talking to Home Bakery about its holiday cakes, the folks there mentioned they could make almost any drawing into a cake. I plan to put that to the test this July when my artistic son turns 9.
- Zumba classes: Weight loss and exercise are two of the most popular resolutions, so this zumba class is the perfect addition to my list. Rochester Ballroom is offering classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I've never zumba'ed. Have you?
- Gazpacho: This summer I'll find the town's best.
- Dog park: Charlie Wolf and I will explore the area's dog park and report on our findings.
As always, I'm open to suggestions. Is there something in town you'd like me to explore in 2012? Let me know in comments or by email.