It's Sweetest Day, You Know: 20 Ideas for Date Night in Rochester
A downtown business owner put together these sweet things to do in and around Rochester.
Whether you use these ideas for Sweetest Day or for just your ordinary date night, here are 20 great things to do with your lover boy (or girl) around Rochester.
1. Take a hike on Paint Creek Trail. Bring a camera.
2. Get coffee or tea at Bean and Leaf or at Dessert Oasis, and just talk with one another
3. Take a drawing class together at Paint Creek Center of the Arts.
4. Take a wheel throwing class at Firebrick Gallery and Pottery Studio. (Remember the movie, “Ghost”?)
5. Go to Red Knapps Diner and share a milkshake
8. Have a romantic breakfast at Downtown Café.
9. Have a romantic lunch at Kruse and Muer’s.
10. Get a couple’s massage at Michigan Holistic Center.
11. Bump into each other at Go Karts (bumper cars) at Tienken and Rochester.
12. At the favorite local pub, like O’Connor’s Public House, flirt with each other all night long.
13. Take dancing lessons at Rochester Ballroom.
14. Have a romantic dinner at Fortesa.
15. Stop at Downtown Booksellers, browse, read, and just be together.
16. Split a sundae at Sanders after dinner.
18. Go dancing at Rochester Mills and enjoy the local bands.
19. Enjoy the movies at Emagine.
20. Stop at Rochester’s OPC (Older Person’s Commission) and volunteer for Meals on Wheels together.
Christine Laikind is owner of Firebrick Gallery and Pottery Studio and a lover of all things Rochester.