It's Friday: Where's the Fish, Rochester?
Here's a guide to fish dinners around Rochester and Rochester Hills.
The Lenten season is upon us, and for many, that's a good enough reason to eat fish on Fridays.
Every year, the Knights of Columbus hosts a Lenten Fish Fry from 5-7:30 p.m. on Fridays at the Rochester Community House.
The Moose Lodge on Livernois Road in Rochester Hills also has a Friday night fish fry starting at 5 p.m.
Here are more options:
- Rochester Mills Beer Co. has beer-battered fish and chips, a catch of the day and a "killer salmon sandwich," according to a fan of our Facebook page.
- O'Connor's Public House has Harp Battered Fish & Chips and Atchafalaya Snapper on the menu.
- Clubhouse BFD has Michigan Lake Perch with creamy cole slaw and French fries.
- Dublin Fish & Chips has Irish recipe Fish and Chips and offers carryout (call 248-651-3474).
- Miguel's Cantina and Penny Black have fish tacos.
- Kruse & Muer is known for its Charley's Chowder, a tomato-based fish chowder
- CJ Mahoney's has a fish-and-macaroni-and-cheese special ($6.99 for lunch and $8.99 for dinner).
- RJ's Pub has a fish dinner with fries, breadsticks and coleslaw. "Can't flippin' beat the price and the fish is delicious," said Julie Westley on the Rochester Patch Facebook page.
Other restaurants that Patch readers say have tasty fish options on the menu:
- The Golden Eagle
- Mitchell's Fish Market
- The Hills
- Alibi in Troy
- Take Sushi
- Red Lobster
Where is your favorite place for fish in Rochester and Rochester Hills?