From Shades of Grey to Wimpy Kid: The Most Checked Out Library Books Last Year
Even Dr. Seuss made the list of most circulated books at the Rochester Hills Public Library.
Wondering what your neighbors have been reading? We were curious, so we asked Christine Hage, director of the Rochester Hills Public Library, for a list of the most checked out books in 2012.
Topping the list was Fifty Shades of Grey with 466 checkouts. Six books from the "Wimpy Kid" series made the Top 25 list.
Hare the top 25 books checked out of the library in 2012. Which ones have you read?
- Fifty Shades of Grey, E.L. James
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
- Diary of a wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, Jeff Kinney
- Diary of a wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Jeff Kinney
- The Son of Neptune, Rick Riordan
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson
- Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Greg Heffley's Journal, Jeff Kinney
- Lethal, Sandra Brown
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Stieg Larsson
- Zero Day, David Baldacci
- Don't Forget I Love You, Miriam Moss
- Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Laura Numeroff
- The Help, Kathryn Stockett
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw, Jeff Kinney
- The Litigators, John Grisham
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night, Jane Yolen
- The Affair, Lee Child
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, Jeff Kinney
- The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan
- Llama Llama Red Pajama, Anna Dewdney
- Kill Alex Cross, James Patterson
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Dr. Seuss
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever, Jeff Kinney
The library is open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sunday 1-6 p.m.
What are you reading right now?