Comcast, WOW, AT&T: What's the Best Cable Service in Rochester?
A Patch reader asked for recommendations for cable companies around town; here's what you had to say.
A reader wrote to Rochester Patch this week about changing cable companies and wondered which services the Rochester community recommends.
And one reader had this to say: "People watch too much TV."
Here's a roundup of reviews on the companies; which one is your favorite?
- They are honest with pricing and haven't unexpectedly raised rates, said Stacey Rieck.
- Vicki Coapman LeBay switched from Comcast to WOW six months ago and will never go back, she said.
- Their ads are cute, and they have great customer service, other readers said.
- Forever raises rates, said Jerry Jenkins.
- Best for speed and consistency of delivery, said David Bitterman.
- Have had it forever and had no issues whatsoever, said Diane Bond.
- They have the best DVR, and customer service is great, said Louann Schachermeyer.
- Offers a wireless DVD box that can be watched anywhere — even a TV outside, said Kevin Benvenuti.
- Donna McMullen has had this satellite service for five years and said she has always been pleased with the service.
- It's reliable and cheaper than Charter and Uverse, said Michele Arquette.
- We've had it forever and love it, said Christina Davis.
In the midst of all of the cable company reviews, Patch reader Suzanne Shields had this advice: "Ditch the cable and get a converter box and Netflix."