Sign Up to Get a 'Cash Mob' Deal From These Downtown Merchants
Here's a list of the 22 shops, services and restaurants that are participating in the first Rochester Cash Mob.
More than 300 shoppers have signed up so far to receive text-message-style coupons during a cash mob Thursday in downtown Rochester.
Are you one of them?
If not, it's not too late to join in the fun.
What's a cash mob?
Independence Innovations, a Rochester-based business incubator, is inviting shoppers to descend upon downtown Rochester on from 2 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday to show their support for downtown merchants.
Here's how it will work:
- Shoppers will sign up to receive text message coupons every 30 minutes during the time of the cash mob. They'll move from store to store to get the bargains.
- At each shop, they'll show the message on their phone to get in on the deal.
- An "afterglow" party at Rochester Mills Beer Co. will allow shoppers to show off their purchases; those who spend at least $50 downtown during the day will be entered into a drawing for door prizes.
Here are the 22 participating merchants:
- Color Me Vintage Painted Furniture & Home Decor
- Fieldstone Winery
- Firebrick Gallery and Pottery Studio
- The Funky Frog Children's Resale Boutique
- Haig's of Rochester Fine Jewelry
- Holy Cannoli's
- Kimi K Salon & Spa
- Lucido Fine Jewelry of Rochester
- Main Street Deli Rochester
- Molnar's Tuxedo Rental & Sales
- Moon River Soap Company
- Penny Black
- The Peppertree Rochester
- Plain and Fancy Gift Shop
- Resale Connection
- Rochester Bike Shop
- Rochester Mills Beer Co.
- Sargent Appliance
- Simply the Best $10 Boutique
- Sole Sisters
- Studio One Salon
- Twinsite Optical LLC
In addition, the first 75 shoppers to stop at a cash mob information booth (located at 307 S. Main St.) will receive a reusable canvas shopping bag courtesty of yours truly, Rochester Patch.
Here's how to sign up
- Like Rochester Cash Mob on Facebook.
- Send a text message to 411669 with the words "RochCashMob." You will receive a message back, instantly, confirming you are registered to receive the text message coupon deals.
- Scan the QR code attached to this story. You will need to submit your name, email and mobile number to participate.
Then, on Thursday, all that's left is to show up from 2 to 7:30 p.m. and shop! You will be alerted via text message of the special deals at each downtown location.
Are you a business wanting to participate or learn more? Call coordinator Nancy Caldwell at 248-453-5613 or send an email to email@example.com.