11 New Teachers Hired So Far for Rochester Schools
An additional 10 teacher hirings are expected to be approved this week.
With more than 30 teachers retiring or resigning from Rochester Community Schools this summer, the school district has been busy hiring replacements.
Here is a list, so far, of the teachers who have been hired. Board of Education members have approved these teacher hirings over the past two months.
- Cathy Cherico, American Sign Language and Special Ed Teacher, Stoney Creek and Adams High Schools
- Jaclyn Facca, Third Grade Teacher, Brooklands Elementary
- Elizabeth Gibson, Fourth Grade Teacher, North Hills Elementary
- Emily Hung, Chinese Teacher, Adams, Rochester and Stoney Creek
- Beth Jones, First Grade Teacher, McGregor Elementary School
- Alyse Licari, Second Grade Teacher, McGregor Elementary School
- Ember King, First Grade Teacher, Brooklands Elementary
- Jennifer Robinson, Fourth Grade Teacher, McGregor Elementary
- Linda Smith, Kindergarten Teacher, McGregor Elementary
- Lindsey Szwejk, Fourth Grade Teacher, North Hill Elementary
- Mary Webster, Interventionist, McGregor Elementary
At the regular meeting on Monday night, Board members are expected to approve the hiring of the following teachers:
- Nikki Atchoo, Resource Room Teacher, Hart Middle
- Stephanie Barnhart, ECSE/ASD Teacher, Baldwin Elementary
- Allison Danielson, Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher, Adams High School
- Christine Dorn, Kindergarten Teacher, North Hill Elementary
- Sarah Guy, 4th Grade Teacher, Hamlin Elementary
- Jill Howard, Kindergarten Teacher, Brooklands Elementary
- Cindy Livingston, Elementary Media Specialist
- Nicholas Merlo, Math Teacher, Rochester High
- Meaghan VanMaele, SXI Teacher, Delta Kelly Elementary
- Aleah Walivaara, Language Arts Teacher, Van Hoosen Middle
Here is a complete list of teachers and staff members who retired from the school district this year.